Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, January 27

Self discipline at work

Yet another day is passing with me doing a minimal amount of work. I drive to the office praying that I will have a productive day. Then I sit at my desk and:
  • check my private emails
  • check the BBC news website
  • check some blogs
  • have a drink
  • go to the loo
  • eat something
  • look at the papers for my work, but decide to have a drink before starting
  • go to the loo
  • eat
  • check private emails
  • check bbc news
  • go to the loo, get a drink on the way back
  • look at the work papers, but a private email might have come in so i check.
  • now i need the loo agian.
  • chocolate break
  • tea break
  • toilet break
  • write a blog post
  • comment on someone's blog
  • check with recruitment agencies; has anything come up?
  • pick up my work, start to think about it, need a cup of tea to lubricate the brain.
  • print something.
  • fetch it from the printer, after a trip to the loo.
  • Oh, check private emails again
  • remember i should be sorting out my tax affairs
  • remember i should be moving money around my accounts to fend off the debt collectors
  • Can' be bothered with those and I need a cup of tea.
  • toilet
  • What is my profession? I've forgotten.
  • Now, where's that paper I printed - need to discuss with boss. I'll have a drink first.
  • toilet
  • fruit
  • chocolate
  • drink
  • toilet
  • fill in time sheet. According to this I have worked 8 hours.

This can't go on!

I am supposed to go to the gym to help me focus, but have not been for six months owing to lost shorts. Have bought some new ones, but keep forgetting to bring them. I really must make my timesheet match reality, and also feed my family, whcih measn I must learn how to make myself focus on the work I am supposed to be doing.

Please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment