Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, August 16

Thanks for comments

As Christians we often teach a gospel of "come to Jesus and all your problems are over" -but of course becoming a christian is to climb onto the most terrifying but exhilerating roller coaster imaginable.

So I am sitting at my desk looking like an ordinary middle class middle aged engineer in a shirt and tie, when really I am in this massive adventure. I sometimes feel I am riding on a rhino, sitting on it's snout and steering it by the horn.

There is a book by John Ortberg called "If you want to walk on water you have to get out of the boat" or something like that. I haven't read it, but I can tell its content by the title. I heard about the book shortly after moving into our house with a humungous mortgage. It was the encouragement I needed - I had stepped out in faith to buy the house, but the waves of mortgage were terrifying. I cling to Jesus, and am still walking on the water.

So coming back from holiday recently and finding all the bills, I lost a night's sleep. But now I feel OK because of the idea (given by God, I believe, before the holiday) of changing to working on a contract basis rather than staff and so harvesting 30% more. I realise that aspects of my original plan were unethical and I now have to navigate around these, which will be tricky, but I trust God will show the way.

So its great, but terrifying!

For those following the story of my wife's pregnancy, she is still feeling pregnant but still getting bits of bleeding. Books she has read suggest this is 'erosion of the cervix' resulting from hormones. So we continue to trust God.

Thanks again for your fantastic support.

No comments:

Post a Comment