Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, November 16

Officiated at Evensong

I officiated at Evensong for my placement church last night.

It seemed to go well - the only minor error was a pause while I waited for people to stand up, then realised that the reason they were still sitting was that they were waiting for me to announce the hymn number.

Since this is a short post, I will take this opportunity to mention one thing that i do really like about the liturgical approach, and that is when the choir sings the psalm. It brings the psalm to life in a way that does not happen when the psalm is simply read, as it would be in my normal church. Obviously the psalms were written to be sung, and they work best that way.

Possible pregancy still holding - we will see if the morning sickness starts on cue next week before we tell anyone. So you readers are very privilidged!

No comments:

Post a Comment