Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, December 4

Frustrations - the criminality of incompetance

So - I am a criminal. Not yet prosecuted or anything, but still a law breaker. I have not yet paid the tax on my minibus.

It was due at the end of September, but you get 15 days grace to sort it out.

Unfortunately I got in a muddle, and thought that it was the end of October and I would be able to pay with my first paycheck of my new job.

Come the day I am supposed to pay I look for the supporting documents:
  1. The vehicle registration document
  2. The MOT certificate
  3. The insurance certificate.
I can't find the first, but never mind I can use the reminder note that they sent me. I have got the insurance certificate, but where is the MOT? Oh dear, I have found it, and it ran out in March. Since hen i have been driving illegally.

I am now 7 weeks late. I put the minibus in for its MOT test - it fails - it takes a week to get it put right.

Try to pay the tax again....I look for the supporting documents:
  1. The vehicle registration document
  2. The MOT certificate
  3. The insurance certificate.
1 is still missing but i can use the reminder note - oh no, that can't be used after the original 15 days grace, long spent.

Also the insurance certificate, which i had found, has been replaced by the one from the previous year.

I phone the department, at least to let hem know I am trying. I only get voices reading irrelvant options, all of whihc refer me to the website. I try the website - it recomends a phone number, on which I only get voices reading irrelvant options, all of whihc refer me to the website. I try the website - it recomends a phone number, on which ... stuck in loop.. abort.

Finally manage to speak to a human being.. who operates a computer which recomends i look at the website...AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually download two forms - one is an application form to pay the tax, the other is for a new vehicle registration document which will cost an additional £19 on top of the £165 tax. I will try to print these out tonight, fill them in, and hopefully post them in the morning.

Until then, by non-payment of the tax, I am still a criminal, just becasue I am incompetant and can't organise my filing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment