Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, March 22

Sexual Orientation Regulations

If I want to buy Tesco-branded goods I don't go to Asda. Similarly if I go to a "Catholic Adoption" agency, I expect to get a "Catholic Adoption". Yet now, the anti-religious discriminatory Sexual Orientation Regulations compel these "Catholic" branded agencies to offer the competition's products.

I still cannot understand why we cannot come up with a system where the gay minority does their thing in their patch and the christians do their thing in their patch, without either party forcing its views on the other.

In the secopnd world war the Jews were persecuted by the Nazis, but now they have become the persecutors of the palestinians. Similarly, the formerly persecuted gays are not satisfied with freedom, they have to take the next step and persecute others instead.

Take for example the words of Elton John - "Organised religion should be banned" - are they the words of someoone who believes in democracy and freedom?

In fact, bizarrely Elton John and Robert Mugabe are together in their opposition of the church.

It seems to me that there is a big difference between preventing religions from hurting others, and in compelling them into acts against their belief.

THis may sound like an anti gay tirade, but I'm quite happy for gays to be free and to adopt and do their thing. I am just angry that I might be forced to act against my religion. Its not their freedom I object to - I object that my freedom has been taken away under the fasle illusion that this will help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment