Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, January 8

If I were to emigrate to New Zealand....

A recruitment company in New Zealand contacted me this morning. It set me dreaming…..

Q1 what kind of house would there be for my family?

A1 a quick internet search shows lots of possibilities.

Q2 what about spiders?

A2 a quick internet search shows there are two kinds that are venomous to humans……..ooooer!

Q3 what is the church like over there?

A3 a quick internet search brought up these two…

LIFE - looks like the New Zealand version of the Abundant Life Church in Bradford. Much froth and bubble: there may be some theological substance but it is well hidden behind slick presentation. I might get on well there if I was young and beautiful.

St Michaels – traditional church building, traditional robes, but keen to explore new liturgies. Very inclusive, uses Maori and English side by side, hosts the gay church and has links to Ekklesia. So open minded that anything gets in.

Now flick a coin to decide which you would put me in! Hopefully there is something more to my liking inbetween.

Anyway, it’s all a dream. I believe I still have work to do in my home church. They keep training Readers who then leave as soon as they’re licensed…I don’t want to be one of them! So here I stay. Unless………but that’s for a different post

1 comment: