Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, January 3

Injustice against pro-life activists

The following link freerepublic describes an incident in which a pro-life protester was assaulted and left unconcious. Police attending the scene allowed the assailant to walk away, and the press was silent.

Now, knowing the tension that surrounds this type of protest, which in my view is counterproductive and provakative, I don't wish to condemn the assailant. I might well have acted the same way in those circumstances. But at the end of the article it asks the question - if it had been the other way round, ie had the pro-lifer assaulted the pro-choicer, would he also have been allowed to walk away in the same way? I doubt it very much. Similarly, the story did not reach the media. But had it been the other way round, I bet you would have heard of it!

So, lets have some wisdom here.

Pro-life activists should not act in this provokative way, but equally the police and the media should act fairly and in a way that does not leave the pro-lifers with no better way to express their views.

No comments:

Post a Comment