Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, September 29

Stresses and reliefs

Lat week's stresses

  • Minibus handbrake seized up - took two call outs and three weeks to sort £168
  • Next day, minibus side door come off rails
  • Front of small car bent £400 excess
  • Need to arrange estimate/repair etc
  • My computer wireless connection constantly failing
  • Kids main homework computer cpu overheating
  • Had to write to school explaining why homework not done
  • Repeated purchase of parts on internet to repair it ? all failed
  • Purchased new computer £380
  • Son's computer constantly failing: repeated purchase of parts on internet to repair it ? all failed
  • sent son's mother board off for refund £55 postage
  • in view of above, no computers usable in the house
  • dishwasher not washing properly - purchased new machine £400
  • tumble drier not drying - dead
  • spare tumble drier not working - purchased new machine £400
  • I have 7 kids
  • One is a 2-month baby
  • lost sleep
  • disabled wife - I have to do a lot of extra childcare stuff on top of work
  • Judgement from 'Dragonfly' court case makes my job harder
  • I may have botched last year's tax calc and if so owe £4000
  • Lost camera for two days (now found)
  • Lost keys for one week - had to pay £10 reward for kids to find
  • Lost memory stick with all company account, company correspondence, all my photos, all my time management etc (now found)
  • Trying to work full time for two clients
  • One client's work got lost in a computer crash and I still have other serious bugs to resolve
  • Trying to negotiate my next contract
  • This needs a laptop and expensive software (£2000/month)
  • Bought laptop off internet but it didn't work and I had to send it back - still waiting for replacement
  • Local church politics (Assistant minister A divorcing B after suffering years of abuse in silence, therefore the ignorant 50% think A should be defrocked, Worship Leader C is a great friend of B, C is married to the church secretary D who has great influence - ie serious conflict in core staff team, worship leaders and other Readers resigning, etc)
  • National church politics - I still don?'t know where I stand in the gay debate but don't accept that uncertainty as a viable solution
  • I think I am heading for a nervous breakdown

Reliefs

  • I can trust in God
  • I have a beautiful, sexy wife who sorts out all my physical needs - if you follow my drift? grrrr!
  • My baby is gorgeous
  • My kids are the best
  • I have a huge house
  • I have work
  • I have resources for most of the above costs

No comments:

Post a Comment