Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, November 14

Quality prayer

When the Vicar prayed for my wife (see following post), he asked me to pray for him before he started.

Put on the spot, I entered 'the zone', where in part I was showing off my eloquence and in part i was just trying to make an effective prayer. So afterwards the Vicar says "Simon, you pray very powerfully. Have you done the intercessions at church?" (Shows how much attention he was paying on the many times I have).

So now he thinks I am some kind of superhero "Captain Prayer" or something like that. And today, he bumped into my wife and asked if I could do the prayers this Sunday - fortunately we are away for my parent's Golden Wedding.

Has he not read the verse where Jesus condemns those who think they will be heard by their many words? Did Jesus not criticise anyone who made showy prayers? Is not one word uttered in faith by a humble but godly man not worth far more than my eloquent but 'un-rooted' prayer? (I haven't prayed or read scripture seriously for weeks). In short, you'd think a Vicar would be better at judging these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment