Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, December 29

Christmas Holiday

....summarised by my 13-year-old daughter:

"Our Christmas tree looks like the hedge which all things have been dragged through backwards!"

(In case you haven't heard there is an expression for 'scruffy' - "It looks as though it has been dragged through a hedge backwards")

Apart from that:

  • Spent a week at the seaside - not a traditional British Christmas! But very nice.
  • Came home to a broken washing machine which had to be replaced before I went to work today.
  • The person we asked to feed the cats couldn't get the key to work, so she spent the week shoving food in through the cat flap.
  • Travelodge Hotels - our stops on the way there and back - are terrible in many ways but do fulfill their primary function of cheap, convenient stops.
  • I had a really bad unexplained pain in my foot and thought I would have to go to hospital. But all OK now.

No comments:

Post a Comment