Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, February 19

Need a new client IV

The outlook is still very bleak.

It turns out that I am not eligible for most state benefits should I not find work. eg Mortgage interest relief is only for mortgages less than £XXk, so I would be left out.

So next month is looking like an unprecedented disaster for me and the family.

My kind parents may be able to lend a month's income, but that would need to be paid back. At least it would keep me off the streets for now, and things may improve with the new financial year in April.

There are only two very slight sniffs of optimism.

One of my agencies has found a client that is actually recruiting! It's just that they're not recruiting contractors like me, and it's two hours drive which is just that little bit too far for a daily commute on top of work and domestic life.

The other sniff is one of my old clients, who may have a bit of budget left for two weeks work for me in March. I was hoping this client would have two months starting in April, but apparently the funding organisation has put that off till the following year.
Many homeless men, far from being ne'er-do-well drunks and druggies, were once wealthy business men that made a bad decision. I can see myself joining their ranks. I desperately need a reliable income for my family.


I can't help noticing that while God often saves at the last minute, he is not obliged to do so. And in the case of Daniel's friends, it was only AFTER they were chucked in the fiery furnace that they were saved. And many other men of faith were (and are) martyred without any last minute rescue. So whilst one trusts that God will care in all circumstances, He is quite entitled to allow unemployment and home repossession within those circumstances.

Please pray for his mercy, and that a more long term and ideally local contract opportunity will arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment