Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Sunday, April 5

Dismantling the Church of England

Well, some people might think I want to!

I was supposed to be at the PCC away weekend, but had another engagement. I was supposed to be doing a short talk on 'leadership', but since I couldn't go they asked for it in written form instead. Of course I procrastinated this until the last moment, and then rushed it off in a short period in between getting the kids to school in the morning.

So I was surprised when the Vicar phoned me Sunday morning - could he have another copy to use in the morning service? I thought he would pick out one of the key points, but No, he read the whole thing verbatim.

I am of course, flattered.

But my document on 'leadership' was intended for the PCC, not the whole church. I was writing about how leadership is applied in the Brethren and Charismatic churches of my upbringing, and describing those chuches critiscisms of the Anglican hieracrchical system. I didn't really talk anbout the positive aspect of it, because the PCC are all well aware of the good side of Anglicanism. So it seems like a very anti-C of E thing, and it was read out as My work. And now I suspect the congregation thinks I want to pull the whole system down.

Oh Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment