Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, April 29

Dumped into it again

The Vicar feels the call of God again - to have a day off. This means he has asked me to take over Sunday night's sermon.

This will be the first Sunday of the month and so will be our 'fresh expressions' evening, but the natives are getting restless and want more 'word', (Isn't it terrible when the congregation wants to hear from God?) so he wants me to do a sermon. But in a fresh expressions way. Contradiction or what?

I have been given a blank canvass.

I'm still not quite Anglican enough to have a lectionary to hand as a starting point, but I think I shall convey some of what I have been learning from Tom Wright's 'Justification'.

No comments:

Post a Comment