Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, April 21

Need a new client X

Working Day 14 with no client.

I think every agency in the country now has my CV.

It really is dead out there - no sign of any jobs in my field.

I've started sticking my CV in for rail jobs, whihc I know I won't get, but perhaps a little more optimistically for a hydropower job, where at least I know what a turbine is.

Apart from that, I have an appointment with the Citizens Advice Bureau on Wednesday. (No, it wasn't last Wednesday - that was just me getting the day wrong.) They will help me thorugh the process of negotiating with creditors and setting up an individual voluntary arangement to pay them off. Of course going down that road means having a very low credit score for many years hence. It means not having a normal bank account, and having to do everything with cash. I really don't want to go down that road unless I really have to. But as I have indicated in previous posts - if the leg has gangrene it has to be amputated.

Earlier on the same day I will have a prayer session with the vicar.

Meanwhile, my parent's very generous help is due to run out after the May mortgage payment, so the second week in May is when the 'shit hits the fan' - if you'll pardon the expression.

But it's all been a good reality chek for the family, who now appreciate far more than they did before the value of money. Valuable lessons all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment