Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, May 14

Healing testimony - knee and spine pain

Went to a special worship service last night, led by an American band touring the UK.

Aparently this was their 18th meeting in 18 days. Strangely enough, they looked tired, bored and listless, and the 'worship' comprised the endless repetition of single phrases. Now I am all for a bit of repetition - it gives the opportunity to meditate on the words whereas if you sing a song once it is gone. But these were'nt songs - just phrases. Good phrases, yes. But by the time you have sung them more than six times to the same tune as all the other phrases your mind has drifted and rather than meditating on the Lord you are meditating on tomorrow's lunch.

So already feeling niggled, I was further irked by the old man in the row behind me, loudly telling the lady next to him about his difficult domestic circumstances, who was starting to disturb the meeting.

I put on my deputy warden hat and invited him to come and chat with me outside. His domestic circumstances were indeed difficult - his athiest wife resents him going to church (so why did he marry her? He's been a Christian all his life then marries an athiest in his 70s? self-inflicted domestic problems?). But then he went on to tell me that 10 days ago at the Sunday evening service (the one where I preached) someone prayed for him afterwards (I saw them) and his painful knee and spine have been instantly healed and have not reverted back to their previous painful condition. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment