Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, December 20

Candle-lit carols

In the evening I visited the church where I did my placement during my training. Too 'high' for us evangelicals to settle there. BUt I did want to see their candlelit carol service. I had checked the time on the internet, but still managed to arrive 1/2 hour after the start. I walked in in the middle of a period of absolute silence while a candle was lit. The huge door BANGED shut behind me! AAARRRCGGGHHH!

The service was good in its own way, very beautiful, with a highly skilled choir. It was strangely moving, and during a carol I didn't know found myslef tearfully praying in tongues over our church-less situation and the whole circumstances of our life. So it was very good.

I hoped to sneak away at the end but was spotted, and ended up having to chat and said far more than I should about our reasons for leaving the old church. Bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment