Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, December 10

Some future options

Play Church

We thought about starting a 'Play Church' in one of the local indoor play areas. We knew of another couple who have been drifting without a church for a while, with small children, and wondered if they would join us in setting it up. I wanted to do it under the commission of a church or an apostle or a bishop or something similar, but Mrs wanted to go it alone. The most obvious 'cover' would be the Anglican church, but the play area lay within the parish of our old church so we would end up being supervised by the very people we have lost confidence in. And then we found that the other couple had drifted so long that they had rather lost faith. Not really church-planting material! So this probably won't happen yet.

Next Parish

Well, our house is technically in the neighbouring parish to our old church. This parish is also an Evangelical Anglican church, though more traditional than my old one. And I've noticed that there seems to be a two-way street between them, with people leaving each in a huff and going to the other, waving to people going in the opposite direction as they go! So perhaps we are destined to follow the same road? One advantage of staying in the Anglican Church is that my Readership would still be valid - I would just need to be relicensed to the new parish. But they already have 3 or 4 readers form my old church at the new parish already. Do they want another? Also, some of those who have gone there before are people who I was glad to see the back of when they left our old church. Aren't we Christians nice people?

But the main reason for considering this church is that one of our friends, who is already a member there, tells us that they are advertising for a children's worker. So my dear wife is going to apply for the job, which is just up her street, and if successful will be paid £££ to do the very job which was considered to be of no value at our old church. I suppose it would not be appropriate to make rude hand gestures towards the old church!

I need to keep my emotions out of this and make a decision that is based on what the Holy Spirit wants us to do next and what is best for my wife, which will of course be the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment