Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, January 24

What now?

After the meeting, given that there had been some measure of apology, we conceded that our names can remain on the electoral roll. And the Vicar has agreed to our proposal that we should go to another church on 'an extended sabbatical' for at least six months.

The world will be a different place in six months. I can't see us going back, but lets not pre-judge.

We are currently trying to get an appointment with the vicar of the new church to put him in the picture of our situation.

We also need prayer for healing. we need space. Etc.

We do feel that God has been on our side through this. My wife even thinks taht my outbursts have been the work of the Holy Spirit - not that he endorses swearing - becasue without them the truth would never have come out.

She is very pleased that I defended her. Our marriage is stronger than it has ever been.

At the new church this Sunday they were asking for volunteers for the Easter Holiday club. It looks very professional. Perhaps someone should tell them they are expecting too much and sack them all! Or maybe my wife is actually quite normal and the old church had excessively low expectations.

I'm quite hurt by the way they talk about her. I may have had gripes from time to time, but she's certainly not bad enough to warrant the treatment she has had.

No comments:

Post a Comment