Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, March 22

Church update

It was hard work this week. We’ve recently stopped baby form having a dummy, so it was quite intensive for the first 15 mins. Then she went into crèche with Mrs, but by then my brain was fried and although the sermon was good, I can’t remember much.

I struggle with worship at this church. The organist and choir are all elderly ladies, pitching the songs very high, and I have no chance. I end up coughing with a sore throat. Some songs are band-led, which are better, but the band has no strong lead vocal and you feel lost.

Mrs says the crèche was a dead loss too, the lady doing a teaching session that was good but aimed at the older ones with insufficient recognition of the little ones. It was a baptism Sunday with several visitors, who clearly hadn’t felt the crèche met their needs. Its good in the sense that there is a clear need which Mrs can meet, but how to do so without causing offense to those that are already working hard with devotion, if limited skill?

No comments:

Post a Comment