Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, March 22

Evening service

I tried the evening service at our new church this weekend. Only 20 people there, sitting in the choir stalls. But for many churches this would be a good number for their main service – so can’t complain.

The service was much more Anglican than at our old church, following the liturgy closely.

Apart form the curate, no one made any attempt to welcome me, though they were friendly enough when I spoke to them.

The sermon was good.

I was sitting right next to the organ, and in the smaller space the singing was much better than I feel it is in the morning service when there are about 200 present.

Despite it being in many ways not the deep arms-raising intimate worship I miss form the old church, it was very good as an oasis from my busy life – a time of enforced quiet. I will be going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment