Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, May 5

General catch up

Far too long since I last blogged - still very busy - have to rush.

Holiday in Spain:


Outstanding - ticked all my boxes and many more that I didn't know I had. Reached 150% of the maximum value on the happiness scale. Saw the beaches, the camp sites, the mountains, the villages, most of the wildlife, the people, etc that I wanted to see. Really really good. Three flies in the ointment - (1) car got bent on the ferry by someone not putting his handbrake on and at the first wave .... (2) what I thought was going to be a buffet lunch with all my church friend staht I have not seen for 26 years turned out to be a private meal with one family. It was really nice, but meant I only had a brief handshae with all the others and tey never saw my family. So I'm dissapointed and they're offended. (3) ...i'm not telling you about that ....


Back home:


Nearly had a nervous breakdown dealing with stresses at home, no longer sustained by the adrenalin of upcoming holiday. Seriously - I was on the point of going to see a doctor. I am not using figures of speech, I really was worried. back on an even keel now.


Court:


Pleaded guilty to 'failing to report an accident' on a technicality, but the court pusuaded me to change my plea on the grounds of common sense. I think they are wrong and may change it back. On 'driving without due care and attention', they presumed I was guilty from the start because they hadn't read the documents and thought I had pulled out form a side road. Eventually pursuaded them that I had a reasonable view that the cyclist was overtaking dangerously. So now a new trail date has been set for 8th July, calling all witnesses including my 16 year old daughter. I need real guidance as to whether this is worth pursuing, or whether I should give up and plead guilty even though I don't feel that to be the case. It is of course a criminal case so the burden of proof is 'beyond reasonable doubt', and I should be able to win that. I would not win a civil case based on 'balance of probabilities'.


Church:


Still settling at the new place, 4 months into our 'Sabbatical'. Went to the Royal Wedding show there. Starting to make new friends. Maeanwhile Mrs wants me to write a final resignation to the old church, but she has been having more contact with her old friends there (some no longer friends) and I think it is premature to do the letter before the six months is up.


Work:


My spillway design is being sent off for physical modelling. I may stick some piccies on here in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment