Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, August 2

Still called?

I still feel a call to the ministry.

THis is not because I am suddenly feeling better having found a church to stay in, where I am not just an exile and a refugee, where I am not in a darkmplace making the best of it. the sense of call has never left me.

The only real obstacle is my finances. And, as per previous post, I don't see how this will ever be sorted.

After our recent sticky spot in our marriage, Mrs said she was not sure of my call. Am I?

It's what I dream of. I feel inferior as an engineer - there are so many younger men (and women) who are so much better. But as a priest, I would totally fail at politics and diplomacy, strategy and vision, and remembering people's names and ailments form one week to the next. ther's more to the ministry than doing a good sermon.

And even then - my trouble in engineering is in not being thorough enough. And this error can easily be transferred to theology, with serious consequences. I already regret some of the positions I have held passionately in the past, well meant but hurtful.

So please pray, that if I am genuinely called, the money may be sorted out soon so that I can send my application in.

No comments:

Post a Comment