Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, April 27

Back to our old church III

Well, our letters to our old cell group seem to have gone down OK - I saw one of them this morning and he stil gave me a cheery wave.

The response to the other letters is a deafening silence.  Hope we have not offended too many people.  I do feel guilty that we left.

I am also apprehensive about the original church, which we are going back to.

Nobody has really apologised for anything.  We are moving forward on the basis of 'that's in the past', rather than actually resolving it, and I think that may sow seeds of instability in the future.

In particular the main person we fell out with is still there, and we have had no contact with him at all.  I still have an urge to thump him.  But Mrs, who was the one he actually offended, is much more forgiving and argues that he will have learned lessons and changed over the year as well.

So if she is prepared to forgive, so must I be.

No comments:

Post a Comment