Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, June 28

Back in the pulpit

Now that I am a little more established back at our original church, I have already been asked to preach.

It will be on 14th October.  It will be on Jospeh, but exactly what is unclear.  When the Vicar asked me to do it he said "It's 'Joseph - a man of Character' from Genesis 37 v1-11 which is the story of Potiphar's wife".  Only, that passage is not Mrs P its Joseph's dreams.

So I need him to provide some clarity about what I am actually supposed to preach on!

Ironically, the last time I spoke (which will be nearly 2 years previously) there was a similar mix-up about the date and the topic.  I insisted on going ahead with what I had prepared, and it turned out to be my best sermon ever.  So maybe it is the Lord who arranges these little mix-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment