Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, October 12

Going crazy

My Mum, that is.

She is being cushioned from the loss of her husband of 53 years by a haze of sudden senility.

A few nights ago she phoned me asking what had happened to my brother - how did he die?  When my brother is very much alive and she saw him just a dew weeks ago. 

Yesterday she dialed 999 (British equivalent of 911), and when they came round and assked why she had called them she gave various reposnses including "You told me to" and "you phoned me".

She also fell asleep and fell off the dining chair.

She is also very giggly, almost as though drunk, though she has never been so in her life.

She knows she is getting confused, and says 'I'm not safe on my own, am I?'

So she has been put in hospital 'to assess her medication'

This is the same hospital that my Dad went into, never to return.  Ominous!

No comments:

Post a Comment