Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, March 13

More Evangelical than I thought

Following Sunday night's blurtings, one of the people said she had among her friends a gay couple with a child who were looking for a church.  After satisfying myself with a tiny bit of research on the website, I recommended Manchester Metropolitan Community Church as being the closest 'equal' church to where I believe they live.

I did the research because I didn't want to send them to a mushy liberal sort of place where in essence if there is any belief in some form of salvation it is a social gospel of being nice and where the Bible is just fairy stories.

I was pleased with what I found on the website, in particular on there 'what we believe' page.  The key points that stood out for me among all the standard creeds etc were:

2.  That the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, showing forth God to every person through the law and the prophets, and finally, completely and ultimately on earth in the being of Jesus Christ.

5.  Every person is justified by grace to God through faith in Jesus Christ.

So it look OK to me. You never know, I might even end up there myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment