Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, June 25

Driving gender

Went for some longer motorway trips over the weekend, using the main north/south motorways rather than the minor branches. The driving patterns here seemed different, and so my overall statistic are now:


Proportion of the men encountered who were speeding:                   66%

Proportion of the women encountered who were speeding:               58%

* Note that this excludes people of either gender driving legally at 70mph, because travelling at the same speed I never encountered them.

So that fits better with expectations - that men are worse, but it also underlines the reason why I started this survey in the first place - there are an awful lot of illegally fast (who could therefore be classed as 'aggressive') female drivers  out there

Another point that I find surprising is that overall male drivers still outnumber women 3 to 1. I would have thought we were more equal by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment