Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, October 23

Whiplash claims

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24633528

it is very laudable for the government to try to reduce fraudulent whiplash claims.

BUT:

In 1997 an off duty police man slammed into the back of me and shunted me forward taking out the two cars ahead as well.  Later in the day I had a mild stiff neck.  My  insurance company sent me to their doctor.  I stressed to him that I was a christian and did not want to exaggerate my condition, which really didn't feel like much at all at the time.  So I felt guilty accepting the £1000 compensation.

But now, 16 years later, I feel pain in my neck almost constantly.  When I move my head my neck makes squelchy noises. It can be blinding agony to look I under a bed or sofa.  My £1000 seems very inadequate now.

So the thing with whiplash is that it is a permanent injury that may not show itself fully at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment