Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, April 1

Gay Wedding Musical

I managed to catch the end of the Gay wedding Musical on Channel 4.

It was very good in many ways, with obvious emotion from many participants, not least the happy couple. Let's be honest, the music was not outstanding, and a harsh critic might say some of the performances could have been improved. Being even more honest, I am in no position to set myself up as judge in these matters. But the overall impression was very good. I think that despite these apparent shortcomings, this event will become a classic. it would be unique to perform any marriage as a musical, let alone a gay marriage, let alone one of the first eve such marriages at the very beginning of this new era.

So I suspect that this musical will be played and re-played many times, perhaps adapted to new gay weddings or perhaps as stage shows in theatres, pride events, and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment