Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, June 8

My Second Day as a Blogger!

The Normal Life Adventure is a learning experience. For example, "Normal Life Adventure" is a very dull and unoriginal title for a blog! I may change it.
I also realise that I should not try to tell my whole life story - just pick out bits.
So, yesterday I told how I became a Christian at a very young age. Several times over the next few years I said - "Lord, if I didn't mean it then, I do now". But I do think that first occasion was the one that counted.
When I reached 13, I was baptised by imersion as a believer.
At 15, I started to experience for myself that God does things, rather than knowing this by proxy through my parents' experiences as un-salaried missionaries who were never short of what the needed. For me it started with a change of school. I was at a boarding school which charged reduced fees for the children of missionaries, and the remainder was paid mostly by an educational grant from the UK govornment (since my parents were overseas). It was a really good school, but didn't really have the facilities to reach science at A level (16-18 years old), and so I asked my parents if tere was apossibility of me changing school at that stage. We explored several ideas, none of which were really likely. But then out of the blue, we had a phone call that my grant would be terminated unless I moved to a state school. The sate school they named was much better for sciences at A level than the school I was in. So God saw my desires, and made changes in areas where I had absolutely no influence, to give me the good things that I asked for.
So life with God is truly and adventure. It gets better, so keep following my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment