Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, July 13

Bubbles in the sky


Just because I put a picture of our cat 'Bubbles' in my last post - she died!



My son went to do his paper round and rushed back all flustered becasue he had found her at the side of the road, bleeding. We rushed out with the cat basket and some blankets to get her to the vet, but when I picked her up she was already stiff. we think she was hit by a car, but being in the town centre it could have been a drunkard or a common thug.

She was my daughter's cat, and when we woke her up and told her she was devastated, bursting inot tears instantly. we had to keep her off school becasue she couldn't cope with telling her friends.

I left work early and made a nice box for her (the cat) lined with a cat blanket and with her water bowl an some toys in it. This may sound pagan but was part of the process of grieving and saying goodbye - despite the title of this post I'm not a believer in afterlife for cats. We buried Bubbles in a flower bed in the garden, and that too helped.

Now we have to decide whether to replace her - we obviously want to but have to consider how suitable the area is for a cat.

More pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment