Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, August 18

Pregnancy worries again

Following a routine arthritis check up weeks ago, My wife received a letter suggesting she should have various blood tests - probably routine for her age. She made a telephone appointment to discuss these with her doctor.

The appointment was Thursday (yesterday), and she took the opportunity to tell him she was pregannt and had some bleeding. He wanted her to go for a scan the next day (today) but she put it off to Monday becasue our babysitters (the two oldest) are away this week.

She has just phonmed to say that the bleeding is getting worse, and is accompanied by pains. (she had pains last night but I dismissed them as wind). So now she is very worried. The books whihch comforted her last time have now lead her to worry that it is an ectopic pregnancy.

We do believe we will eventually have a baby, but don't believe that christians are exempt from bad news such as misscarriage before God's will is fulfilled. It would be particularly dissapointing to lose this baby after previous answered prayers (from you readers) about all this.

I wouldn't worry so much, but last night I had a very vivid and gruesome dream about her losing the baby.

So please continue to pray over the weekend. I will update you when I can.

)also this afternoon I have a meeting with my boss about going onto contract work. Pray for that too, but concentrate on the pregnancy)

No comments:

Post a Comment