Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, February 28

Living, Preaching, Working

A dark cloud follows Mrs around the house. It will only evaporate when she can cuddle her as-yet-unconcieved baby in her arms. I can only do so much to help....

I am due to preach to our 9:30 congregation this Sunday - the older and more conservative congregation, which I rarely attend and have never had any fomral role in before. ie tey don't know me, so its a bit embarrasing to stand up and preach to them. Especially when I feel so hypocritical doing so when I am spiritually messed up and struggling to believe. I get to speak on the camel and the needle. So its half a sermon on the uselessness of deeds and half a sermon on the essentialness of deeds. Hard to tie up logically.

My licensing is due two months today. I have the letter from the Bishop saying all is OK, I have been approved etc. So unless I fall into 'serious' public sin between now and then, it will happen.

At work, a minor change is that the law is changing on 1st April, which measn my current arrangement as part of a composite comany will cease to be legal. I will have to establish my own limited company and be a Director and carry legal responsibilities. I am wondering of I should call the company "Charlatans'R'Us"?

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should write the sermons that you yourself need to hear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. challenging.

    I don't normally get to choose the topic or text. But inevitably the circumstances of my life will have a bearing on what I end up saying. I just pray that I don't lead people in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete