Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, July 19

Pink stuff

So

I walk past the desk of one of the secretaries – not someone I know. She’s wearing a bright eye-catching yellow top . I’m walking quickly and I just see a blurred image of her, bearing in mind this is at out of the corner of my eye, through the distorting edge of my specs. Two paces further on I realise – that was a nipple I saw! She was leaning forward onto her desk, so that her neckline and bra gaped more than she realised. And I saw everything – albeit briefly and blurred.

A righteous Christian would dismiss this from his mind, and keep quiet to protect her dignity. When I got back to my desk I was still in a state of mild shock – this kind of thing doesn’t happen to me every day. So, knowing that it was not right, I still blurted my story to my colleagues. They immediately got up saying only half joking that they were going to have a look. Back-pedalling I said them I hadn’t told them so that they could go and lech over her, and in the end nobody went. But I still did a bit of damage to her reputation in the office.

So I repent of gossip.

Should I instead have sent her a discrete email, saying ‘cover up’?

2 comments:

  1. Repent of the gossip, surely, but don't forget to give thanks for the beauty, in which God is often found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suddenly have an urge to go looking for God again ......

    ReplyDelete