Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, October 15

Invisible woman

My wife has often complained that the church ignores her or dismisses her efforts.

So this week, we have been filling in froms for our second daughter to go to the same school as her sister. Becasue this [Catholic] school is oversubscribed, we now need to get the forms signed by our Vicar and provide a copy of her certificate of baptism. So my wife approached the vIcar and asked him to do this for her, which he readily agred to do. When she went to collect the from, she foud that it was in an envelope adressed to me. Why? I had had nothing to do with the request or the administration of it, I was not involved in any way. So why did they adress it to me? My wife said to me "Am I invisible?"

This probably seems like a small and trivial thing unless you know the history of her being rejected by the church, and in fact it illustrates how much damage can be done by carelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment