Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, December 18

True Freedom Trust - I'm in!

I spent yesterday evening with Martin Hallett, director of the True Freedom Trust.

I found Martin to be easy to get on with, without a bad word for anyone on any side of the debate, keen to find good in his fellow man. We never got round to discussing the extent to which it is congenital (where we probably diverge), but we did have a long conversation about the nature of Christian sexuality as an expression of the profound mystery of God, and about how Evangelicals have probably thrown out the baby with the bathwater when it comes to some Roman Catholic theology of sacramentalism in the context of sex and the body.

We spent about 1 hour on this general theology, then about half an hour on my background including my strengths and shameful weaknesses, and then about half an hour on what my involvement with TFT may be.

It looks as though my role could fall into three areas:
· Acting as an ‘Accountability Partner’
· Occasional speaking for TFT
· Influence in my Local Church (that’s the hard and fruitless one!)

I will probably have to ease off posting on the topic of my involvement with TFT, for the sake of my confidentiality and that of TFT’s ‘clients’.

Suffice it to say that I do feel that God has brought me to this place, and I feel satisfied. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment