Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, December 20

Office Carol Service 2007

This year’s office Carol Service has again been a success.

5 Carols interspersed with three readings from Luke, a solo, and a talk by a professor form a local university.

The talk was well presented and contained good stuff, but unfortunately he went on too long and people started walking out. However, he did several times plug the Alpha course we will be presenting in the new year, so hopefully something will come of that.

I was surprised to find myself sitting next to someone from my own department (though in a different team), who turns out to be a Christian. So it looks as though he will start coming to our prayer group now that he has discovered us. And hopefully there will be others too.

I was helping to run the minibus service for people from the other building to come along. For this I took along my own minibus that I have for the family, having spent £50 getting it valetted for the occasion to save my blushes. But of course, in this cold frosty weather a car gets filthy as soon as you take it off the drive, so money seemed wasted. But it did get off the monkey footprints form our last safari park visit. And of course with the weather it didn’t want to start, so I had to get the jump leads form my other car to get it going. And then I went to the petrol station to fill up, but couldn’t get the key in the petrol cap. Went home for the spare key thinking I must have the wrong one, but it was just the lock frozen up!

I also had to miss an hour of work, make a donation to the fund etc, so all in all the carol service cost me personally something approaching £100, so I hope someone comes to know Christ as a result.

Oh, and the mince pies were nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment