Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, February 7

God still works

For some time I have been praying for suitible opportunity to say things that I needed to say (well, accrued confessions, actually) to someone. They had been weighing on my mind, and i wanted to speak, but whenever it seemed like it might be the time, the words stuck in my throat. When she was in a good mood, I didn't want to spoil it, when she was down, it ws clearly not kind to dump more on her. So I prayed. And the next day, etc.

Eventually I picked up the Bible - the Message [massage?] version. In Corinthians, talikng about the man who had his fathers wife and the church is told not to accept it, the message says something like "Of course, he will be devastated, and you will be embarrassed, but isn't devastation and embarrasment better than damnation?" So I knew it was now time to speak. Next time I met the person (5 mins later), God in his mercy steered the conversation naturally so that the topic was right and the mood was right so that I could add my piece without it seeming artificial or out of place or bigger than it really was. And so: no devastation, only a little embarrasment, no damnation, and a lot of peace.

What a good God we have, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment