Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, March 31

Theologically Conservative, Liberal at Heart 4

Regular readers will know that I am due to present the ‘liberal’ case on homosexuality to my church, while a colleague presents the ‘conservative’ case. Not that he is conservative and I’m liberal, just that those are the cases we have been asked to represent.

Well, the ‘conservative’ guy has dropped out, claiming to be busy.

So: it will probably be down to me to present both sides.

In some ways this is a pain because it means more work for me. But overall, I am pleased because to present just one side of the debate would not be true to myself. Doing both means that I will be able to fully express my conservative head and my liberal heart, applying compassion to the conservatism and presenting a more academic and theologically balanced background to the liberalism.

A date for the event has also been set – 3rd June. But how can you really do justice to this topic in one evening? Please pray for this event, that I may be the mouthpiece of the Holy Spirit, that he might bring the right mix of people into the congregation, and that the church may find the way forwards on this difficult issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment