Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, February 20

Last Friday

This is my last Friday at this client.

It would be really nice if I had something to go to next.

Or at least if I knew if it was going to be a long-term unemployment or just a couple of weeks or months then I could plan accordingly. Should I wind up the company or try to keep it going? Who knows?!

Oh well.

Tuesday is my last day. I'll go out to lunch with the friends I have made here, and do a little farewell speech, and try to weave a sermon into it without them noticing.

Of course, I am supposed to be full of the joy of the Lord, and full of confidence that he will find something for me, and that should be the root of my 'sermon'. But the truth is, bad things do happen to Christians, and I am still full of anxiety. I know we are told "Do not worry for you father in heaven knows what you need", but I suspect that his list of my essentials is shorter than my list.

Anyway, on the good side, and supporting my faith, is the fact that my parents are dipping into their savings to keep us going for the first month. So there is a loving God up there!

Current leads:
  • Work with former employer for two weeks, subject to manager approval next week, with a possible return in the new financial year if they can agree a programme with the Environment Agency.
  • A client in a city 2 hours away is interested in my CV - yes, that's me they're talking about - but they want permanent staff not contractors and i can't take the cut in income or permanently living away from home. Also, my previous bullet would be incompatible with this.
  • A client in a city 5 hours away has a vacancy matching my hydraulic mdelling experience.
  • I'm told the CAD section here is short staffed, especially for 3D expertise. Well, I did some 3D AutoCAD in the late 90s so I have sent them an email enquiry. I very much doubt that they can afford my learning curve time. It would be good to stay at this site owing to my involvement in the Christian Fellowship, and allegedly my involvement in the gym. But CAD people usually get paid much less than chartered engineers, so it's the matter of the cut in income again.

No comments:

Post a Comment