Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, February 23

Need a new client V

The gravevine and the rumour mill are both full of bleak news and statictics about the number of contractors getting their notice from my current client and it's partners. 16 engineers here. 90% there.

It's going to be nigh on impossible to get a new client in the current climate. These are good people going: people with years of experience and association with the companies. People who are better than me.

But at the Workplace Christian Fellowship today, a contractor colleague said that in 30 years he has only been without work for 5 days. At the end he got a job for which 600 CVs were sent in. The client was too busy to sort them, so when an agent phoned up offering my colleagues services, he was taken on without the 600 CVs ever being looked at.

So I pray for a similar miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment