Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Sunday, June 28

Dumped into it again IV

If you want a rush sermon, ask someone who's unemployed! That seems to be the motto at my church.

So now I have a week to prepare for an hour-long in-depth study of 1 John 2 for our Monday Bible study group. All of it.

OK, in one week I can talk for one hour on 1 John 2. But will the people go away illuminated? I doubt it. The truth is, I've never understood Johannine writing. It's too cryptic and mystical, too simplistic and complex. It's a load of froth and bubble, yet it's too deep and serious to grasp.

1 comment:

  1. 'sall about love. That's it. That's all there is to know and it's all you need to know.

    PS I will reply to your last e-mail before too long!! Life's a bit hectic.

    ReplyDelete