Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Sunday, June 21

Justification sermon

My justification sermon went well today.

My Vicar did his usual thing, making me change large swathes of it half an hour before I'm due to start. "Make sure you mention father's day. Don't get too academic. It's got to be a gospel message" etc. All good points, but better made much earlier.

So my final message was a much cut down version but with additional illustrations. So although I hate the way he makes me change things at the last minute, he does actually change it for the better.

I had three or four people after each service expressing appreciation.

How to judge the quality of your sermon based on feedback:

Number of favourable comments...Quality of sermon
.....-5......................................................Either you or the congregation have serious issues!
.....0........................................................Flunked
.....3........................................................OK
.....5+......................................................Truly you are a prophet

(OK don't take that too seriously)

No comments:

Post a Comment