Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, June 16

Justification - Tom Wright, preaching and blogging

Our Vicar is swapping the preaching rota around, so suddenly I have to preach on Justification this coming Sunday. Well, that comes of lending the Vicar Tom Wright's book - now he thinks I'm the expert!

So I'm hastily re-reading bits of it.

I just have to present two extracts for you.

On salvation: "The closing scenes of scripture, in the book of Revelation, are not about human beings going off to heaven to be in a close and intimate relationship with God, but about heaven coming to earth" (page 7)

On blogging: "It really is high time we developed a Christian ethic for blogging. Bad temper is bad temper even in the apparent privacy of your hard drive, and harsh and unjust words, when released into the wild, rampage around and do real damage. And as for the practice of saying mean and untrue things while hiding behind a pseudonym - well, if I get a letter like that it goes straight in the bin. But the cyberspace equivalents of road rage do not happen by accident. People who type viscious, angry, slanderous and inaccurate accusations do so becasue they feel their worldview is under attack." (page 10)

(I am guilty as charged)

No comments:

Post a Comment