Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, June 11

Interview report VI

Man, that was tough!

But overall, I think it went well. The other candidate from my agency went before me - a tall grey man in his 60s, moving to the area for his wife's retirement. His interview took 1/2 hour longer than mine - could be a good thing or a bad thing. There is another candidate from another agency to be done on Tuesday next week.

The questions were pre-printed, to ensure fairness. Not particularly technical, bit mostly along the lines of "give an example of a time when you have....." and it was hard remembering things from some time ago when the more relevant experience took place.

With glorious hindsight I can see that I made many mistakes - not least drawing attention to the mistake in the adress on my business card - so I can only hope that the other guy made more mistakes or that I am just a significantly better candidate overall. I think that they liked me, but is that enough? It could go either way.

But I am sure that the Lord's will will work out, and that if i don't get this job it would never have been right for me anyway - but that does raise the question of how I will pay the mortgage next month. I have told too many people about how the Lord has abundantly blessed us, and so they have stopped giving. Me and my big mouth!

Please pray for me to get thsi job, or else for something better to come up locally, immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment