Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, July 29

Applications

Phoned an old colleague yesterday re a rumoured vacancy - turns out the post is frozen and the work postponed till April.

Applied for a wastewater network modeller job, with good points and bad points:

the good
  • It's my core skill
  • It's only 2 hours travel

The bad

  • It's 2 hours travel
  • It's permanent not contract, ie [relatively] low paid
  • It's with people I know; ie they already know I'm looking but haven't contacted me, so I don't exactly feel wanted
  • Being people I know, I get the feel that seeming to be desperate by applying to work for them may damage my professional reputation.
  • Although it's my core skill, I want to move on and do other things

No comments:

Post a Comment