Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, August 14

catch-up

Not blogged for a while. Where am I?

Work: still unemployed. Still desperate. Still applying for everything vaguely relevant between Land's End and John O'Groats.

Finance: it's all a disaster. Arranging terms with the various credit cards. Getting unpleasant calls from collection agencies. etc. My advice to everyone - cut your credit cards up now! Even our debit cards are being declined at the supermarket till. Not sure what/if we will eat this week.

Jobseeker's allowance claim: still pending. Apparently the current hold up is a form to do with the mortgage. They want me to send in my mortgage protection insurance policy. I don't have one. I have a life cover policy and a critical illness policy, neither of which is specifically linked to the mortgage. And neither of which pays out for unemployment, since I am neither dead nor sick. So they want me to send in a document for a non-existant policy! I ave sent the policies for the life and sickness insurances, hoping that they will do.

Marriage: celebrated 20 years on Wednesday. Parents gave us money for a petrol for a day trip to Windermere. Very nice. But she's cross with me for not sending in a child tax credit form (I thought my phone call was enough) which is why we have even less money and even ore worry than usual.

Car: has been repaired. Which means my very nice courtesy car has to go back today. But my car won't be returned till next week, because they want me to pay the £400 excess - which I don't have. My parents are ending the money, but it won't arrive till next week. I should get the excess back off the other party in sue course.

Church: Leading the 9:30 on Sunday, but it's going to be communion, which I have only lead once before and I have lost my notes. I will have to meet the rev and see what he wants me to do. BUT I HAVE ENOUGH STRESS ALREADY!

Kids: off to Soul Survivor next week. It's good for turning unspiritual teenagers into spriritual ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment