Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, September 9

Ford KA power steering fluid leak III

OK - the alleged leak-stop fluid did not work. (I wasn't using the one in my previous link, I was using a much cheaper one from Halfords.)

Anyway - I wasn't surprised.

So I have been putting in a litre of fluid every week, more or less, and two litres on a day when I drove 420 miles.

Therefore I have now booked it in at the garage for an estimate to get it fixed.

[Edit 10 July 2012 ...


The leak was on the steering rack, not just the pump. I bought a new (ie refurbished) steering rack, but never got round to putting it on (long story) and have no scrapped the car but still have a spare steering rack.

So: if you need a Ford KA power steering rack, I am open to offers if you are willing to collect. Leave a comment with your email address and I will contact you to giving approximate location (this is supposed to be an anonymous blog) and we'll take it form there.]

No comments:

Post a Comment