Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, September 29

What am I up to?

Things are beginning to settle down on the paper work front, and I am actually beginnning to have some time to spare as an unemployed man. It's taken 6 months!

So I have actually managed to do some serious weeding in the front patio/garden, and I have equally attacked the back patio/garden. It had 3-year-old weeds, waist high and more. Not the prettiest picture from our window. But I have weeded the flags, shovelled up well-decayed apples, scraped the long-dead bird out of the back-doormat, thrown away the contents of loads of old derelict planters and pots, diposed of a broken aqaurium, emptied bins full with years' worth of stagnant rainwater and debris, and generally reclaimed what was a wilderness.

There's still quite a lot to do. Algae-ridden plastic chairs to be tipped, much sweeping, and then the task of re-planting and putting stuff in instead of ripping it out.

I'm not a gardner by nature, but its time to have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment