Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, October 23

Carry each other's burdens

On Sunday night the Vicar was again strongly suggesting I should apply to the middle east. So this week I have completed preparing a middle-east format CV.

I have also been in touch with an agent about a suitible hydraulic modelling job in England, about 220 miles from home.

Weighing these up, personally I would very much prefer the middle east. For example, compare the cost of renting a flat: here you get something small and dingy in a rough neighbourhood for about £400 month, whereas in Abu Dhabi you can get a bigger and much nicer apartment with access to a pool and a gym for about £200 month. But as stated in my last post, it's not just about me. What is best for my family.

So today I am seeking guidance. Should I send in the Middle East format CV or not? And I come onto my blog knowing that it has the verse of the day in the side bar and wondering if God will speak to me through it. And the verse of the day is "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2). So that sounds like staying in the UK rather than leaving my disabled non-driving wife at home with a baby and other kids.

But then again, I am always cautious of using the Bible as a holy horoscope, so I will wait for further confirmation one way or the other.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed looking over your blog
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete